The Joy of Sanskrit
Week 19. Introduction
Week 19. Learning goals
- You will be able to understand and conduct simple conversation about transport using the vocabulary for ‘Getting around’.
- You will be able to sing confidently and accurately the verse ‘The Vedas’ Concern’.
- You will be happy with the idea of the -vant/-mant suffix, and will be able to recognise and use them correctly.
- You will have a rough idea about the suffixes used for forming ‘new’ words from ‘old’ words
- You will understand the concept of the imperative, be able to recognise, form and use the common forms correctly.
- You will know what an upapada compound is, and be able to recognise them.